DCAD IGF 2021 Participation Grant Program
The Dynamic Coalition for Accessibility and Disability (DCAD) ensures that ICT accessibility is included in the key debates around Internet Governance in order to build a future where all sectors of the global community have equal access to the Information Society. DCAD is grateful to Google LLC for providing generous funding to facilitate the participation of persons with disabilities and disability advocates at the Internet Governance Forum (IGF). DCAD used these funds to provide financial support for individuals and a group of people from a digital hub to virtually participate in IGF 2020.
DCAD IGF 2021 Grants
DCAD announces that grants will again be made available this year, but again only for virtual participation.
DCAD invites persons with disabilities or disability advocates to apply for grant funding to assist them to participate virtually in IGF 2021. This support includes, but is not limited to, the cost of improving broadband connectivity, sign language interpretation, personal assistance or costs related to participating from a hub.
To be eligible for consideration participants must:
- Be already registered to attend IGF 2021
- Have access to a bank account to allow for payment.
- Demonstrate a disability-related background and/or a background in internet policy concerning disability
- Have a clear disability-related purpose for participating in IGF 2021. This might include a list of relevant sessions to attend or participation as a chairperson, presenter or rapporteur
Required after IGF 2021
After IGF2021 has completed, recipients must:
- Provide receipts or related documentation for relevant expenditure
- Submit a brief report on the benefits of participation
Making an Application
- Complete the Application Form
- Complete the form in English. One or two sentences will be sufficient to answer most questions. However, some will require more detail, preferably using bullet points
- Please do not include bank details on this form. They will be requested later if required
- Closing date for applications is Tuesday October 19th, 2021 at 23:59 UTC. Applications received after this date and time will NOT be considered.
- Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be informed by email by close of business UTC on October 29 2021
- Successful applicants will be asked to provide details of a bank account
- Successful recipients must acknowledge receipt of the grant as soon as practical once it has arrived in their bank account
- Successful recipients must submit the receipts or documentation on how the funds were used and the report on the benefits of the grant by 23:59 UTC on December 18 2021. If these are not submitted in a timely manner, the recipient will be ineligible for future funding under this grant scheme.
Q. Must I be a person with a disability to apply for the grant?
A. The grant is offered primarily to support persons with disabilities. However, disability advocates may also be considered.
Q. Are the funds only for supplementing broadband?
A. No. Other forms of support may be considered. You will need to supply a description and an estimated cost for the funds requested.
Q. If I am selected, when will the funds arrive?
A. We will do our best to deliver the funds before IGF 2021 begins. However please understand that we cannot offer guarantees about this.
Q. Do I need to send receipts?
A. You are required to account for how the funds have been used. In the absence of formal receipts please send us a personal confirmation and description.
Q. If I am selected, is it possible for me to use someone else’s bank account?
A. Yes. You will need the account owner’s agreement to send us the account details, and this will be at your own risk.
Q. How much funding might I receive?
Funding will be based on merit and will depend on the number of applications and the needs expressed. Please note that charges from your receiving bank may reduce the amount of your grant. You are responsible for any such bank charges.
I still have questions! Who do I contact?
Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any further queries.